Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking around on RacingJunk.com and came across this Volvo hot rod.

I remember one that was featured in one of the hot rod mags back in the '60's (Hot Rod - Street Rodder or) as a project car.

Haven't seen many of them especially on the street.

Much like the Opels and other European gasser/hot rod conversions from back then they seem to have almost vanished.

Would make a good project for some one looking for a unique project to stand out at the drag strip & on cruise nights.

http://www.racingjunk.com/Other/2650141/1964-Volvo-PV544-gasser-project.html

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
I've got a friend who's building one for his friend in old gasser style right now. It's getting one of those Jeep Cherokee straight axles and a SBC 350. Still in the "tack it in" stage now, and money seems to be tight, so wont finish it this year.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
When I joined the Navy, my first duty station was Adak Alaska. When we got there, I took a 75 Dodge pickup. On the Island everyone had Adak cars. Basically cars that had been beat so bad and had been there so long, they were not worth shipping back to the states. Anyway we bought an old Volvo like this for $50. That thing would start and run in the coldest weather up there, the Dodge would be dead. Thanks for some nice memories.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts