Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To ruin a good tool to keep from having to pull the engine to get to some thing, egr pipe on a 4.6 ford have to pull every thing and move engine forward to get it out about 4-5 hour job, about 1 hour this way, end is cut off so I could get a 3 foot piece of pipe on the end, I figure as tight as it was on there even doing as the book says it would not have come loose with out a cheater bar or pipe

Attachments

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
some times

Yea Now I got a 1-1/8 inch tappet lock nut wrench left over

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,411 Posts
Yep, got several "ruined" tools in my toolbox that I've built to aid in doing certain jobs on vehicles over the years. Had one car that needed a box end wrench to get a bolt loose, but no clearance for the box end wrench's thick head. So ground it down until it would fit, and then heated it to get more angle on the head. Used it once, but it's in my toolbox I case I ever need it again!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thats the advantage of cheap Harbor Freight wrenchs. You can heat,bend,grind and shape to what you need without sacrificing your good tools. My Dad always carried the cheap wrenchs in the tractor tool box and always used to say "at that price I can afford to plant a couple each season"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts