Gasser HotRod Forums banner

361 - 365 of 365 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #361 (Edited)
Hi Mario, thanks for the thought but unfortunately the 429 and 460 parts are not interchangeable with the FE parts. I never understood why the manifold manufacturers never made a tunnel ram for the FE of which there were a bizillion made but went ahead with the 429 & 460. PSE offered a set up where you purchase an adaptor that bolts to the FE heads then you use a tunnel ram manifold for a 351 Cleveland and bolt it to the adaptor. They come up once in a great while and bring stupid money.
Here's a photo of the adaptor and one with what looks like a possible injection set up.

I am fortunate that I was able to get a Ford, not a Dove repop, Tunnel Wedge factory manifold that really works well.

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Sorry, I didn't know that. I have a lot to learn about ford hot rodding. Sounds to me they did a lot of leap frogging from block to block over the years.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #364
You're so right about all the different engines Mario. Like I said though I've never understood the deal with none of the aftermarket people offering a tunnel ram for the FE; God knows there were hundreds running in just about every class.

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
You're so right about all the different engines Mario. Like I said though I've never understood the deal with none of the aftermarket people offering a tunnel ram for the FE; God knows there were hundreds running in just about every class.
I wonder if someone did a patent and the design was locked up in legalities. that would snuff out the flame.

361 - 365 of 365 Posts