Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not one to bitch unless I feel I really got the wrong end of the stick. I wanted a water/meth kit for my blown SBC. So I figured I'd give Snow the nod. I called Snow and left messages 2 times, no call back. 3rd time I got to talk with Nathan. I explained what my set-up is because I wanted to order the correct kit. It's a 355 with a 6-71 and dual carbs. I said I already have a carb adapter I wanted to drill for the nozzles. He said that's great I can save you some money over the "normal" roots blower kit. So he sets up the order and ships the kit. I get the kit, open it and quickly realize there is only one nozzle kit in the box. So I call back a couple times again, Nathan answered and he asked me to hold. Well 20 minutes later, I hang up and call back. Back on hold I go. 12 minutes later Nathan picks up and I explained the situation. He says no problem and says he forgot to add a dual nozzle upgrade to the kit. He said they'll ship it for free but I have to pay for it. I figured everyone makes mistakes, no biggie. I get the dual nozzle upgrade kit and open it and there are no nozzles/jets in the bag. So I called again and got through directly. I explained to Nathan that there were no nozzles/jets in the kit and he said that it doesn't come with them. I said I thought they would have been included otherwise I would have asked for them. I told him the original kit came with 3 nozzles/jets and he said yeah a #3, 5 & 6. He said he would ship them out but wasn't sure he could get free shipping this time (no one else was at the store at the time due to a large snowstorm in CO). I asked that he try and let me know. No call back. A priority mail package arrived 6 days later and I opened it to find 1 nozzle, not 3 and an invoice for $6.10 for the shipping and $29.99 for the nozzle. I calmly called back again, left a massage, missed his return call. Called back again and put on hold once again. Finally I got to talk to Nathan and explained the situation. He said his superiors said that was the best that they could do. I've been in business going on 3 decades and this is no way to treat a customer. They screwed this order up from day one. I never even raised my voice to Nathan, too old for that. I should have known from the initial 3 calls to talk to someone that I was using the wrong company. I have not finished the install of the kit yet, but it appears high quality and doubt I'll have any problems. I just think they could eat $36 and say sorry for F'n up my order 3 times.

Moral of the story is "Be careful who you choose for a water/meth kit".

P.S. I didn't ask specifically for Nathan every time, but he usually answered the tech line. I am not blaming him either. If this is truly how his "superiors" told him to handle customer concerns, it's not his fault.

End rant, sorry had to vent.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I learned a long time ago to ask a lot of question when purchasing custom parts...I like to nail them down so to speak...that way when they mess up I have them dead to rights.. and it really holds true on there return policies. I have even recorded conversions on my answering machine...trust no body when it comes to the american dollar...my 2 cents

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
Bummer. Especially bad when a company has great products, but poor customer service. Hope they straighten themselves out, and get it working better!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts