Gasser HotRod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Adminstrator And Sheet Metal Junkie
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well got a Smoken deal on some QA1 coil over shocks. They came in today and after lunch I was fabbing some brackets and tack them in place.
As I placed the shock in place with my protractor, the shock and bracket sort of stuck it self in place what seem to be long enough to grab the mig gun and when I turned around to fetch my mig I heard (((( SMASH ))))) when I turned back around I seen the shock on the floor in a puddle of what seem to be oil. WELL CRAPPPPPPPP

Now that just burns my shorts ! ! ! Ya know it's not like I have a shortage of these but this one was by far my favorite. :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
DIRECT HIT M' MAN!!! You will a stuffed ducky!!! HA. I hates when dat happens. Usually It's me that stops it from hitting the ground, my head or my hand. Mark L

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Oh Man! That really sucks! Now that's MY kind'a luck! :( :( But then you did get a "Smoken Deal" on the QA1's. :)

·
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya Rob it was, but it went from Smoken to a great deal. I was going to replace it but thought I may just have to stay with digital, we're as I can read them better. This one that broke the numbers have been shrinking over the the past 10 or twelve years. :)

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
............... This one that broke the numbers have been shrinking over the the past 10 or twelve years. :)
I have been having the same problem.

I actually carry a small magnifying glass on my key chain just in case I run into any "fine print".

Seems like more & more people have been using "fine print" lately.

·
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Vall I have one but for some reason resort back to my Acu-Angle .... well till now :D :D but i did break down and order another one. I'll post some pictures of my digital protractor. The only problem I have with it is the numbers are slow to recalculate when you move the gauge. I am going to upgrade the digital also but for now I'm using the one I have till my replacement gets here.... The good and bad of the one I ordered today was less then half for the same one I broke. Now I ether got hosed the first time or found a great deal this time. It's threw a place called Travers Tools, http://travers.com/

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Isn't that Murphy's law? If something is going to fall like that it will do the most damage possible. You couldn't do that on purpose so well. And it's always sad when a favorite piece of equipment fails or gets broken and it's time to replace it.

·
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Ya the funny part ( now ) when I turned around to see what went crash ! ! ! I looked at the oil on the floor and thought what the heck I didn't see that there before till I zoomed in and saw the protractor and it still didn't register :confused: :confused: then it all started to make sense :mad: :mad: then the bad words words flew :D

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
One of these days I gotta break down and spend the $25-$35 for a digital angle finder!
In my GasserHotRods.com forum "How-to-do-it" lessons for this week I found out I need one or more "angle finders.

From what I have seen you guys doing with one (or more) looks like an "angle finder" will become a "must have" valuable tool in my tool box.

I will have to start looking for sales and finding out which one is a good value for the money.

I am sure that like so many other things in the "world of tools" an angle finder's price & quality can vary quite a bit.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Murphy's Law #2. If you drop something, it WILL roll or bounce to the most inaccessable location within your area. Under a bench, or under the car, and it will always go to the center most spot so it is as hard to reach as possisble from all angles. Matter of fact, when I need to locate the center of the/a car for measuring purposes. I just throw a nut under the car. Whereever it stops rolling will be the center of the item and I can measure with absolute accuracy from that point (LOL). I have my ladder bar front crossmember getting brackets welded on for installation of the crossmember/rearend. I just can't wait to get it home and throw my nuts under the car---(visual????--LOL). MArkus OFF'Centerous

1 - 20 of 24 Posts