Gasser HotRod Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
greetings fellow straight axle enthusiasts, stoked to find this forum!

I build on and race a Merc short box stepside p/u out of Vancouver BC. Not the most traditional choice for a drag vehicle...mebbe I breathed in too much model glue as a kid!

Looking to connect with other gasser builders/racers in the Pacific Northwest as I'm putting on a "Straight Axle Shootout" at the Loafers Old Time Drags up in Ashcroft BC. See blurb below, please help spread the word!

Announcing the addition of the “Straight Axle Shootout” class to the Loafer’s Ashcroft Old Time Drags happening June 8th , 9th and 10th 2012 in Ashcroft, British Columbia.
Celebrating drag racing’s glory days of the mid 60’s to early 70’s, this category is designed for vehicles built in the nose-high style of these classic quarter milers, running a straight axle and reasonably faithful to the spirit of the original “gassers” of this era. Vehicles must meet NHRA safety requirements relevant to their ET’s. Qualifying will be heads up , eliminations will be run on a dial in with pairings based on reaction times.
please feel free to contact Steve at [email protected] or message me here for registration info and updates.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Hey, everything gasser is welcome here. The more different the more we like it. We are all about making 'em fast and fun. The best thing is we feed off of each other here and that keeps us all going. Glad you could join in here. Mark L

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Welcome. Always love the Canadian variants. My uncle had a Merc truck, LWB though. Nice to see it as a gasser. There was some discussion on here about gasser trucks a while ago.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts