Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kinda a stupid question or a thought provoker?, if i inish my s10 gasser and it was eligible to run in a gasser class , which class would it be in??? I am curious because i want it to be be correct and true to the gasser theme , literally look like a drag car on the street!!:cool:

·
Registered
243 Posts
To determine the true class it's going to depend on weight and cubic inches. See my hawk will be classified as a C/G with a 468 because the badges on the Side of the car only say 396 turbo jet. Can you smell what geerbangr is cooking !!!!!

·
Administrator
13,419 Posts
An S10 with a 350 Chevy would probably be stuck in B/G, if it had been around in the 60's. It's probably not all that important it be "correct" since it was built long after the Gas class had ended. I'd just build it the way you like, and enjoy it.

·
Administrator
13,419 Posts
The coolest part about gassers, every mans creation !

Lets see some pics of your s dime !!
So true! I think the period correct gassers are very nice, but I really like a lot of the ideas that folks have come up with on other cars and trucks to emulate the old "gasser" look. If the class was still around, I'm sure many cars would look like what people have dreamed up today.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Im living proof that any car can be a gasser.. but i dont think a gasser should be made past the last year of the last leagal class race.i think it was 1970.. if you want to make your s10 gasser have at it. but maybe play with the body a bit early 60 ranchero nose or throw some caddy fins on it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts