Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the Rust Revival in Wayland, MO today. Here's a few pictures I thought might be of interest here.

The ******* way to have a gasser cheap, just get an old truck that has an solid axle anyway and put 1ft long shackles on it.
[/URL][/IMG]
Then put a not cheap LS motor in it?
[/URL][/IMG]

How about using super singles semi wheels and tires for rear tires?
[/URL][/IMG]

This one ran a BBC and sounded nice.

[/URL][/IMG]
Very nice '56.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Odd steering set up. Still has the center link and idler arm with the extension welded to the center link for a drag link.
[/URL][/IMG]

If you want to run a spun tank up front, but don't know what to use it for, here's an idea.
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Thanks for getting the pics for us. That LS swap is probably more budget than you think. They used a nice higher dollar intake but used an adaptor and a Q-Jet on it. But their driving theirs, while mine sets. Mark L

·
Administrator
13,414 Posts
Love the truck's exhaust and upper radiator hose too! Bet that hose adds at least an extra gallon of coolant to the system! Wonder what his kingpin angle is like with the long front shackles?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's all kind of relative, Mark. Compared to the set up you're putting together, the LS is could be pretty reasonable. But I was there with a $200 Craig's List 305 with a $60 dollar swap meet manifold and a $100 dollar Summit cam & lifter kit because I'm cheap. No doubt yours will be a lot more fun than mine or the LS in the end. Val, I was thinking the same thing. Probably has zero caster angle now as I didn't see any shims between the springs and axle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts