Gasser HotRods banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
12,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heard of this brand of electronic distributor? Went over to Jeff's house tonight to help him figure out why his 1956 Chevy had quit running. We were pretty sure it was the distributor sinc eit had sheared the alignment notch on the rotor, but why?
We pulled the cap and when he cranked the engine the distributor didn't turn!!! What the heck? Pulled the distributor and the shaft had somehow broken internally, so when the gear turned, nothing happened inside the cap. There's a little window that lets you see a bit of the internals below the plate, and it looked like everything was a mess inside, plus a little spring fell out that was much like the springs on the mechanical advance weights.
This is the first I've seen of this brand, and the first time I've ever seen a distributor shear internally.

·
Administrator
12,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty sure that's gotta be it Mike! Jeff and I looked last night after we finished, and they're selling on Fleabay for under $50 new. He got a Pertronix Flamethrower to replace it, and I bet it lasts a lot longer than a few months.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Sweatshop built for sure! Remember, you get what you pay for....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts