Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
13,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Rose City round Up car show is Fri. and Sat. the 15th and 16th of June! Only pre '65 cars are eligible, and it's a pretty good show. It's held at Jubitz truck stop over on 10210 N. Vancouver Way in Portland, Or.
It's for the Food Bank, so be sure to bring a couple cans of food on Saturday.
Trophies are usually built by car clubs, and I put this one together today to give at the show. It's even got a big old Hemi in it! ;):

·
Registered
699 Posts
That is a cool trophy! Wish I could go but my wife won't like driving 2.5 hours just to go to a car show. I missed a car show this weekend because of shopping.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Pretty cool!!!! Love hand-made trophies.

One day when I have some extra time I am going to fool around with old car parts and make some garage art and stuff for the back yard garden. I am SURE when I get the engine out of the Opel I'll find all kinds of parts I can use laying in the bottom of the oil pan..... :(

·
Administrator
13,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks John! Garage art is a lot of fun to me! I personally don't care much for the normal trophies. It's nice to be recognised, but they hokey little plastic and chrome trophies just look cheap and gather dust. I'd much rather have something made from old car parts that I could put on a shelf in the garage!

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I agree..... one other thing you forgot to mention is those plastic trophies find a wwy to come apart. The only one to cherish are the ones from the early days of drag racing
CHECK OUT: PITTSBURGH INTERNATIONAL DRAGWAY @
http://www.pittsburghinternationaldragway.com/

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
BTW..... Hey Vall..... how is the Mouse Trap running????

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great pics of cars and the the garages ,.
All are looking very nice keep sharing some more pics here guys,.

·
Administrator
13,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BTW..... Hey Vall..... how is the Mouse Trap running????
Like a Swiss watch John! We had a cacklefest Friday night at the Roundup and I was watching the tach during. It grabs 7000 rpm's pretty quickly! I'd forgotten how nice a SBC winds after so many years with my 427 Camaro.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts