Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well finally took my vet out for a 2nd stroll this year did not even beat it no gear jaming I did put the hammer down but dam thing will not go in 1st or 3rd ???? I repeat did not jam any gears !!!! Do to every time I do it really breaks !!:cool: I have snapped out put shafts axle shafts so I was nice to it as to not break it !!!! Pull trans & look in side DAM thing !!! Just venting!!?!:mad:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should have gone auto with that build ! But wanted stick as it was what I grew up running ! Oh we'll . Hope all is well Steve and all it's been a while since if been on to post been busy rebuilt the motor in my wave runner over the past few weeks to get ready for 10 days of vaca on Winnipesaukee .also getting my sons dart mobile as well . Need to get some time for the coup !

·
Registered
243 Posts
Won't go into 1st or 3rd ??? Maybe with a little more info I could help you. Will it go into 1st running ? Or will it go into 1st with the engine shut down ? Those Richmond trannys are pretty darn tough. Tell me about breaking output shafts ? What kind of power is in front of the Trans ?

The not going into gear issue sounds like bad syncros or bad syncro ring on the input shaft and or syncro ring on 3rd gear.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks geerbangr it's a sbc 430 HP took it for a cruz on the highway for approx 1 hour all seemed fine until I got to a red light and no 1st did not notice any prob during the Cruz did not slam once this run !! 1st has been a slight prob for a while as you need to put it in 2nd 1st then it would go in ?? Thanks for any input Scott

·
Registered
243 Posts
Pull the side cover to inspect for obvious. I'd be looking for a bent or damage shift fork. Synco or syncro ring on input shaft. Slider/hub assembly on the 1-2 shift may be damaged. Wishes we lived closer together so we could open it up and repair it for ya.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks ill get the car in the air next week and take a peek .i believe it will need to come out to look & or repair as there is no room to do squat under there !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts