Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been really busy the past 6 or so months with writing papers turning in other assignments and no time for much else. I'll be heading to North Carolina in June. I sold the Falcon last year due to time and space. It does allow me to go pick up my 69 Mach 1 after 5 years of sitting at a friends house. I'm very excited to be reunited with it. The month after I will pick up my 70 Charger R/T. It will be nice to see them again. I kept my solid front axle for a future gasser project. Of course it will be a long time from now. I need to stop moving so much!

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Absence makes the heart go gasser :)
Mario

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I got the car home. It is filthy and of course needs some work. Heck it needed a lot of work when I bought it. I yanked out the dead engine already and I have the 351C and T5 trans almost ready to go in. I only need a few parts to get the car driving before I move again in June. 2000 miles in 2.5 days is rough! I don't think I'll be doing that again for a while. I am going to ship my other car to myself.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
I know the feeling. I did 1300 miles on a weekend pulling a tow dolly. Took forever and then jersey kicked me off the turnpike because of the dolly. Post some pics.
Mario

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Here you go. It is dirty and the spoiler is falling off on one side. I took the interior out and it has been traveling with me for the past 5 years in boxes. It preserved it fairly well. The paint is rough but should be able to be brought back for the most part. The engine in the picture is the dead 302 and 4spd toploader. I will use them for a future project. I have the 351C and 5spd sitting in my garage waiting to be installed. I've drug this engine all over the country also. It only need a few parts to get everything up and running. A lot fewer than what I would have needed to get this engine running in the Falcon.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
That mustang is awesome. I'm not really a ford guy but I love that body style. Looks like it's pretty descent shape.
Hope all goes well with your build. wish you a fast transplant.
Mario

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's in decent shape. It has a lot of paint damage now and should get a full resto. It is in good enough shape to keep on the road for now so I will. I'll do what it takes to keep driving the Mach 1 while I get busy with panel replacement on my Charger later this year or next year. I need to find a good media blaster in North Carolina to strip the Charger to bare metal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts