Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my 2 favorite movie cars; the other being the Project X 57 Chevy (The Untold History of Project X, the Most Famous ’57 Chevy ) from the movie "Hollywood Knights"
Car Vehicle Tire Wheel Motor vehicle

I wonder how much it'll sell for

·
Administrator
13,523 Posts
Not a bad job on the TLB '55 clone, except for the goofy tall shackles at the rear leaf springs. If I recall correctly the original had a 4 link in back? And it had the rear radius done larger so it sat down lower in back, and didn't need goofy shackles.

I'd be surprised if the clone goes past around $35k. Just my opinion though, and stuff is crazy right now.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, unfortunately those shackles are like a wart on the tip of a hot chicks nose. Although it's an easy enough fix.

·
Administrator
13,523 Posts
The shackles, and just the fact it's a leaf spring rear setup tell me it's a cheaply done clone. I doubt many prospective buyers will look into details since the seller avoided taking pictures of the underside chassis on this car. I'd never even bid on an Ebay or online sale without a lot better pictures than this one has. Could be a rust bucket and all sorts of goofy crap underneath that's not being shown.

·
Registered
687 Posts
One of my 2 favorite movie cars; the other being the Project X 57 Chevy (The Untold History of Project X, the Most Famous ’57 Chevy ) from the movie "Hollywood Knights" View attachment 108077

One of my 2 favorite movie cars; the other being the Project X 57 Chevy (The Untold History of Project X, the Most Famous ’57 Chevy ) from the movie "Hollywood Knights" View attachment 108077

ProjectX is not for sale. As a matter of fact. The new issue of Hot Rod "YES REAL PAPER" is mostly dedicated to it. It has been converted to EV.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts