Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Adminstrator And Sheet Metal Junkie
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys
Last week some time a good friend of mine whom owns an excavatining company, called me and needed help with one of his prize Peterbuilt tri axle's that had a large tree limb crash down on it one off custom aluminum grill, crushing the top and side of it.
So we picked the grill up and a few days later we had it straightened out and metal finished to its pre accident condition. These are not painted so it had to be perfect in its pure aluminum form.
So Dan stopped up with his dad Fritz, and was just pleased with the results of the repair ! ! Now Dans dad Fritz has had quite a few Kubvan's, including mine, and new a few guys who worked at the Grumman factory here in Montgumery Pa.
Ok I'm telling you this because Dan calls me last eve and says to stop by the shop and see me, because he had a suprize for me. :confused: Well today he shows up at my shop because I got tied up and he hands me this.

These are billet aluminum that was water or laser cut at there facility back in the early eighties. I guess from what I understand they only made a few and that makes this on very special even more coming from a good friend ;)

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I'm sure you'll find a special place to put it.

Can really appreciate how special not only how special the gift is but also the thought to give it to you.

I just received something very special in the mail this week also. A super hot rod friend of ours (who lived in LA) recently passed away .... his widow & daughter sent me something of his.... a shift knob.... It was the last thing he bought for his car but he never got a chance to use it.

What a great gift to have that used to be his.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts