Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Nice looking car! I hate it when people do not put the price in their ads. I guess they say if you have to ask, you cant afford it. But would be nice to know.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Nice nova. Did you notice where the fender splits for the tilt nose? I never saw a tilt done that way. But then again I haven't experienced tilt nose till I came on this site.

·
Administrator
13,427 Posts
Weird. I posted a reply too this post two days ago, and it's gone now? Anyway, I forwarded the link to my neighbor Mike, so he could see he's not alone in building a 3rd gen Nova gasser theme car.

Mario, I think the Nova fenders at the rear sit under the window trim slightly, so the builder decided to split them at the rear edge of the hood to avoid interference. The fenders are probably 6" longer than the rear edge of the hood.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Weird. I posted a reply too this post two days ago, and it's gone now? Anyway, I forwarded the link to my neighbor Mike, so he could see he's not alone in building a 3rd gen Nova gasser theme car.

Mario, I think the Nova fenders at the rear sit under the window trim slightly, so the builder decided to split them at the rear edge of the hood to avoid interference. The fenders are probably 6" longer than the rear edge of the hood.
You are absolutely correct. The top edge of the fender tucks under the windshield molding.

·
Administrator
13,427 Posts
Yeah, we were fitting his fiberglass hood earlier this week, and looking at how the fenders fit under the windshield trim. He mentioned that his '69 Firebird had the same issues as the Nova when he did the tilt frontend on it. They had to cut the fenders along the edge of the windshield trim, and then weld up a new lip, so they would clear when opening the frontend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts