Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
13,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just heard the news that Byron Stack who started the "Gasser Madness" site passed away last night. Not sure how many of you guys also looked in on that site, but he was the guru of what gassers were, and had been an avid historian of the old gas classes.
Pretty sad to hear he's left us, but his son Chad posted that the site will remain, and he will try to find someone with equal credentials to keep it alive and well.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Sad to hear another one of the "pioneers" of the sport we love has departed from the world as we know it. Yet another reason this and other means of keeping the memories alive are so important. R.I.P.

·
Registered
699 Posts
That's too bad. His site is how I found this forum. It's a great site with an incredible amount of information. I spent many nights on there reading.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Yes..... he did a GREAT JOB compiling all the info & pictures on the "Gasser Madness Website". I have also spend many hours there.

·
Administrator
13,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm sure many of us searching for our gasser "fix" found Byron's site and this site. Gasser Madness has not been quite as active, but the info and pics there are wonderful! I'm glad to hear it will continue.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Always a sad day when the pioneers and the great ones pass. Exactly why we have to keep the fires lit and tires turning so others can catch the desease. Just think what the pits must look like up there. That's one pit pass that I'm not ready for BUT, when my lane is called, it's gunna be one Heaven (not hell) of a day. LOL. Mark L

1 - 11 of 11 Posts