Gasser HotRod Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to start with the plexiglass for breakfast then move to liposuction of the front sheet metal. My bubby wieghed his Fox body Mistake and it's 600 lbs lighter than the Comet even with all the fiberglass!

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,309 Posts
It's always surprising to find out how heavy some of these older muscle cars really are! I was pretty surprised when I put my old '71 Camaro on the scales at work and it said it was 3600 lbs. with the BBC engine! Yikes!
I still haven't put the Austin on the scales to see what it weighs. I was guessing about 2500 lbs., but I'll probably be wrong on it too.

·
Registered
699 Posts
What's scary is the weight o f new cars even with the plastic! My 03 cobra was 3600lbs without me. The new Taurus Sho is 4200. Even a new Honda accord is 3400-3500lbs.

My car has a lot of missing parts and drilled holes. It shaved a lot of weight! How much fiberglass do you have installed?

·
Administrator
13,309 Posts
I thought all the new cars were on diets to make them more economical? Seems everything I've read contradicts that, and many are much heavier than the old gas guzzlers. Guess all that safety structure makes them much heavier!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts