Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quite sometime back I posted about a 41 Willys gasser pick up project that was about 60% done that I purchased. Well, my business partners want to do some rearranging at our business location and one of the things they want to get rid of is the container that has among other things in it is my Willys. Talk about out-of-sight, out-of-mind; I bought it in November of 2006 and haven't seen it since it went in the storage container but I've spent another $2800 on parts; B&M Pro Shifter, Aldan coil overs, 4 link kit, narrowed 9" housing with 4 link and shock mounts already welded on, Auto Meter gauges etc....... Anyway, I've got to get it out of there so it'll be sitting in my driveway pretty soon. At this stage I'm not sure if I really want to start another project, even one that has most of the hard work done.
I may end up just doing what's necessary to fire it up and get it where it will move under it's own power and sell it. A little teaser here: steel cab with shortened bed, glass front end, true tube axle, small block Chevy with a single 700 Holley Double Pumper on a tunnel ram, Ford 9" 4:11 posi and the list goes on. I took a photo of the truck from the original auction listing. I'll be posting more photos when I have the truck in my driveway.

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
That's a beauty Steve! Should be an easy sell! Wish I had it in my driveway! I'd dump the Falcon in a second if I thought it would finance a Willys PU!

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Vall,
Yeah, I really hate to do it but I'm thinking I have to. I just don't have space for it. My driveway has the f---ing power company underground transformer box cover in front of what should be a spot for a third vehicle. I've tried to think of a way to design some type of horizontal trolley set up that I could quickly attach and detach from the sloping concrete pad in the front of my garage. I'd put the Willys on those wheel dollies, hook a chain to the trolley and the front of the chassis so I could move it laterally back and forth where I could get it in a position to work on it and then push it back over against the property line wall when I'm done. Seems like a lot of work though.
Here's a Willys pick up project that just posted on Ebay today; I'm going to watch this one closely to see what happens. He's asking a hell of a lot for what he's got. http://www.ebay.com/itm/131614315043?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Anyway Vall, my cousin has first call on the truck. He's pulled the blower motor in his Buick gasser, installed another Cad motor with a single Holley Dominator and has said he wants to buy the Willys and put the blower motor in it. If I sell it to him it will be less the small block and Turbo 350 and I'll list that assembly on Craigs List. If you're serious about the possibility of buying it yourself send me a private message with your phone number and we can talk.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's In My Driveway!!

Today was the day I had to bring the Willys home. Here are a few photos with 7 years of dust on the truck. I'll post more photos and a complete list of what the truck has soon. These are for the members who contacted me and might be interested in buying it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
661 Posts
Shelton is TOTALLY out of his mind! I don't think he wants to sell anything. Just wants to showoff what he has. He also babbles on forever.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some better Photos

I did a little work on the Willys Saturday and took a few photos. Anybody who's interested in a really cool project shoot me an PM.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi Gary,
I enjoyed talking to you the other night. Greg Shelton has another Willys pickup "shell" he's selling. I'm thinking that what he's asking for what he's got and what I'm asking for what I have is crazy; what do you think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1941-WILLYS...RAT-ROD-/291631644389?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276
WOW! I've heard of barn fresh but that looks fresh from the Creek! I like what you have Steve. I'm interested but the timing isn't on my side. It was good talking with you too! Sorry I had to cut you short but was going out to eat with my wife. Talk to you again soon!

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Everything Greg Shelton sells is priced way above the average, or even the top prices! He's got a big storage area full of old gasser stuff, and although a lot of it is very rare, I'm uncertain it's as rare as his prices reflect. But it's his stuff, and he can ask whatever he likes for it!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Last year at The California Hot Rod Reunion he had a 37 Willys pickup for 5 grand. It was a rolling shell but far better than the one listed on FleaBay right now. It was worth the asking price. I looked it over on Friday and it was sold on Saturday. He said he brought it to sell and it did.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts