Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the largest swap meets in the USA starts Thursday, and the 2nd half starts Friday!
I'll be at booth 2476 at the racetrack if anyone is out there and wants to stop by! Should be lots of fun if it's like every other year!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Good luck Vall and have a large time. It sounds like a really good time. I'm sure you'll let us know what we missed. Don,t forget the camera! :D

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good luck Vall and have a large time. It sounds like a really good time. I'm sure you'll let us know what we missed. Don,t forget the camera! :D
Thanks! I always forget the camera, but I'll try to remember this year, just to try and get pics of what it's like! I've got very little to sell, and priced to go fast so I can get out and buy before it's all gone! Selling the old seats from the Austin, plus the slotted mags and tires from the front, and the tall valve covers from my 427. Some old Cragar S/S caps, and a set of old school shoulder harnesses.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Don't think I can make it this year. I hate going without a little coin in my pocket, there's always treasures I find that I can't live without. I just paid my debt to my favorite uncle today which left me broke. Good luck with the sale Val.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I wish i were back home. My friends and i went to the portland meet once. It was great. I have a lot of stuff to sell!

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Have a great time.

The first of the "BIG SWAP MEETS" in our area is the first weekend of May held at the fairgrounds in Canfield, Ohio. It is about a 75 minute drive from where we live. Canfield's weekend swap meets are held in the Spring (May), Summer (July) & Fall (Sept).

Another large weekend swap meet is held in Butler, PA in late June.

Always a fun time..... lots of walking!!!!

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sold everything but the harnesses that came with my Austin's old seats. Gave those to Jeff (1956 Chevy Gasser) and told him he could have whatever he got from them. He watched his booth all day and took money for everything I sold, so really appreciate his help!
Tomorrow will be the 2nd half at the adjacent Expo Center, so looking fforward to finding goodies! Didn't find much today that I wanted or needed. Got a nice two tier rollaround tool cart for $15, and one off those neat finned aluminum faux quick change rearend covers to fit the Autin's axle. Ran into lots of friends I haven't seen since last summer or even last swap meet! Hope to see Ed Iskenderian tomorrow, as he'll be there before the Monday night thing at the college.
Did get some pics, but hard to really grasp the size from the flat views down a couple rows. I'll try to get more at the Expo tomorrow! Bet we easily walked 8-10 miles today!

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Sold everything .............. Bet we easily walked 8-10 miles today!
That is the kind of exercise we like doing. Wouldn't miss the area's BIG swap meets. Too bad they only happen a few times a year.

When we visited my son in L.A. we went to the LA Roadster Show (http://www.hotrodhotline.com/feature/2011show/la_roadster_show_2011_rogerr/ ) and needless to say there was a LOT of stuff there.... many "goodies" I had NEVER even seen before "up close & personal ..... stuff that looked it came out of a "hot rod museum".

There were flyers all over the place for upcoming swap meets...... It was like being in Hot Rod Heaven.

We also go to a local weekly flea market that is also a good place to find good deals on car stuff, tools & garage art. Although most of the stuff at the Flea Markets are not "car goodies" when you do find some the prices are usually cheaper than those found at a swap meet.

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well for me it's over! Still two more days, but I'm totally exhausted, and my feet are aching! It'll take day to recoup from the walking! But today was more productive for all of us!
I picked up a few small items like a old Hurst rachet shifter for TH350/400 for $5!! Also got a swivel Tstat housing for $3, and a few small tools that I needed like some sockets and a double ended distributor box end wrench.
Got a piece off garage art too! Gaser style in the way of a '41 Willys gasser cut out of 1/8" steel with a plasma torch. I love it, and it was only $8. It's about 16" long:

Here's a few pics from Thurs. but don't expect much, as it's tough to show much with shots down the rows:

Less walking today!

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, they do allow bikes and anything pedal powered. Also personal electric vehicles or golf carts. Wish I had brought a bike for the racetrack, as it's all outdoors and a bike would work. Not so much at Expo, as it' half and half, so you'd need to lock the bike up somewhere while inside.
I left mine home as I thought if I filled the Burb like last year I'd have to leave the bike there! Had lots of room this year!

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Thanks for the pics..... can't wait for the first of our BIG SWAP MEETS ..... 1st weekend of May.

Really like the Willys garage art..... too bad you not going back.... :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts