Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You would think that this would have never went away. Considering that it filled the stands of major drag strips across the nation. Even more than national events. Or MAYBE that was the problem.

·
Registered
73 Posts
big chief play their ass big time with the mustang . daddy dave was driving .
it went away because of that arrogant asshole running it .

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I don't think that's it. Christianson is deffitnaly an ass. But the concept should have lived on. Like I said, it was filling the stands of MAJOR drag strips across the country. Where as national events didn't. C'mon now! 500 racers show up? With more waiting to see if they can get in, because of no-shows and cancelations? You tell me why. I still think it was NHRA that killed it.

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
NHRA has been out of touch with what the fans want to watch for a very long time! They have been trying to play catch up after seeing the huge crowds that nostalgia events bring in, and still don't seem to be able to wrap their brains around how to do it? They keep fumbling the ball, while small non NHRA tracks put on events that pack the stands.
And whenever NHRA does something for TV it's always the same old boring crap. Top Fuel Rails, Funny Cars, Pro Stock, and Pro Stock Bikes. They still wont show the kind of racing most of the fans want to see, so they lose TV ratings too.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NHRA has been out of touch with what the fans want to watch for a very long time! They have been trying to play catch up after seeing the huge crowds that nostalgia events bring in, and still don't seem to be able to wrap their brains around how to do it? They keep fumbling the ball, while small non NHRA tracks put on events that pack the stands.
And whenever NHRA does something for TV it's always the same old boring crap. Top Fuel Rails, Funny Cars, Pro Stock, and Pro Stock Bikes. They still wont show the kind of racing most of the fans want to see, so they lose TV ratings too.
Totally agree.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Pinks lost me when they really started giving lengths for the next race. It should be run what ya brung type of deal. Bring a knife to a gun fight, you are gonna get shot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts