Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
13,523 Posts
I have slots all the way around. 15x8.5" rear with M&H Drag Radial 275-60-15, and 15x3.5 fronts with 165-80-15 tires. Spinner caps all around.

Here's my buddy's A40 with slots all around also. 15x10 rear with 295-50-15, and 15x4.5 front with 195-75-15

·
Registered
907 Posts
I haven't found any tires at the "right" price, but I think the Hoosiers fit what I want to do best. The pic is from a Iowa artist, Todd Jones. I have a poster sized, color print of it on my garage wall for inspiration, instead of a 50" TV. My 19" is enough of a distraction.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I'll be running Cragar S/S 15 X 10 w/ M/T Pro Street 15.50 - 29.5 on the rear and Cragar S/S 15 X 4 w/ 165-80-15 on the front.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Tread
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Car Tread

I Love my Cragars!

·
Administrator
13,523 Posts
Yeah Gary, I just seen his post they look good on 10 in wheels. Also I looked around for Todd Jones art but actually didn't find much.
Andy
Andy, I put N50-15 MT on 10" rims on the back of my Camaro. They looked great, but I could tell from the wear pattern that I was running on 75-80% of my tread. It's quickly visaable when you run across a dusty floor and see how much tread is dirty, and that outter edge is so clean from no contact. With the N50's being about 12.5" wide I had 8"-9" of tread on the ground. I tried lowering the air pressure to get more on the ground, but the sidewall still kept them from sitting flat, and still have enough air to handle properly. I imagine that 14" would be even harder to get a good tread pattern on the ground.
If you're just wanting the look, then no problem, but if you want traction it will suffer with too wide a tire for the rim.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Decided to go wider on the rear (11.5 x 30 x 15) than the como that came with the Opel.

Also wanted a BLACK steel wheel for the rear ..... got lucky and found exactly what I was looking for at a swap meet last Summer. Plus a perfect fit for the narrowed 9" Ford rear end I have.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.