Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought maybe we could start a thread of links to images/videos that might be of interest to the site.

I'll start with this. Clever idea with the engine, can't say I dig the clear, though. Cool #$% car. :D

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
I'm not loving several things about it. The clear coat, rat rod gasser look, and that fugly hole in the hood. It's one of those cars that has great engineering, but built to draw attention through the shock effect. People will always be drawn to it, but not always for the right reasons. Can you imagine what a nicely cut hood, and even an inexpensive paint job would do for such a great car?

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Looks a little too dangerous with other cars driving through and spectators so close along the road. I was expecting to see them all be teenagers, not older adults.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Have to post this for you guys. This is my buddies nova that will be on the right of the screen. This was our local track built in 1966 that sadly closed down in 2008 due to ownership change. It was solely a heads up lb per cuin track. REAL RACING! Anyhow, Monte Baker is the owner of the nova and a good friend of mine and has his own shop. He is racing the track owners 2007 cobalt that was built by Lampkin chassis, a perfessional chassis shop that builds pro stock chassis. So there was no xpense spared on the cobalt. It has a 289 cuin sbc and 5 speed. Monte's nova is just a backhalf car weighing almost 3200 lbs with a 276 cuin sbc eng and g force 5 speed and a 6.67 rear gear at this time. Listen to the 10, 000+ rpm engines! Very close race and monte almost got him. Very impressive for an old school nova vs a modern chassis car. ENJOY!!
http://youtu.be/akRNHraDbWc

·
Registered
395 Posts
Here is another clip of his nova. It sported a 289 cuin sbc at this time. He is racing a 2250 lb camaro with a 500 cuin pro stock hemi. He gets 1 full second head start due to cubic inch and weight disperity. Watch the 10000 rpm launch a 1.21 60ft with the back tires.http://youtu.be/xv251lDtGu0

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Casey, no mater how many times I watch that video, I always get goose bumps and I smile for hours. Love that piece history. I wished I could find more. The new Gear Jammers are pretty close but not quite the same. Mark L

·
Registered
395 Posts
Same here Mark. The high winding small blocks, 4 speeds, dnd the crowd pleasing dry hops. Doesn't get any better then that.
Casey, no mater how many times I watch that video, I always get goose bumps and I smile for hours. Love that piece history. I wished I could find more. The new Gear Jammers are pretty close but not quite the same. Mark L

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Saw that before. Good thing I don't have grass down here anymore like I did up in Wisconsin. I'd be building one just to cut it, heh. I had an extra Buick V6 laying around one time and almost put it in a lawn tractor just for shnits and giggles. But I sold it before I could get too crazy. Would have been fun though. Mark L

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
I kept telling myself, "That guy is gonna roll that tractor!" but he just kept going and never did. Can't believe how fast he's going on that tractor!

1 - 20 of 170 Posts