Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Adminstrator And Sheet Metal Junkie
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I've been checking out a few Photo Hosting Sites, and ran across Flickr ! !
I signed up here the morning and it seems to be one of the less complicated sites that are user friendly.
I've had Photobucket for ever and lately thinking I need another option. The Internet says the two top sites to deal with, is P-Bucket and Flickr
Recently Iv'e had trouble on my iPad apps for the Bucket and I have to crash the app every tome I want to upload or retrieve photos. Now there even having problems on my laptop, and we are experiencing problems here on the site. So I'm going to give it a go and see how the Flickr works out. I did notice on Flickr, that when you copy an image link you get a all the links. However when I paste the link here, the picture loads flawlessly. when you do go in to Flickr and copy a link set it to BBcode.

My son Tom and my 39 Willys and 40 Chevy truck by ProMetalShop, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
The problem I had with Fickr is I ran out of space after about 100 photos. Photobucket is a lot bigger for free (like 10 gigs after I downloaded the ap to my phone). 20 gigs is where you start to pay for the storage.

Mike

·
Adminstrator And Sheet Metal Junkie
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have always used Photobucket, since back in the 90's. I installed there app for iPad and it also worked for about a year. When we had updates for IOS 7, folks started to complain about it crashing and mine still worked. Then one day it wouldn't load, so I deleted it and reinstalled Nd it worked for about a month. Then it wouldn't load again, so now it's to the point where I have to crash it every single time I try to open it. Photobucket worked with me for about three months trying to figure out. We even made a special password so they could monitor my app and try to figure it out. They had me change my settings, and nothing seem to work. They told me there tech team was working on new apps to work with the iOS 7 but have got no where. Now the problems has spread to my lap top and our desktop. Not as bad but still problems. They change the way you copy your image code but now it captures the URK and IMG which sometimes won't load your picture on web sites and when it does you have to delete the URL part of the code, or it shows up next to your pictures. I just fixed a pile of them here and on the C10 site. Really really wish they would fix it so I don't have to change host.......... :)

·
Administrator
13,411 Posts
I had to delete a bunch of pics at photobucket when I reached the limit. It also stopped me from loading any more until the next month, even after reducing the total. I've had an account at Hunt101.com for many years, so I went back to using it also, and found it's even easier to load and link pics for posting than PB is. I still use both, but don't use PB as much anymore.

·
Registered
243 Posts
A motorcycle site I'm a member of has the option to choose existing pic so you don't have to fool with the whole copy paste a link trick that we have to use now. Is it possible that feature could be added to the coolest website on the interweb ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts