Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Probably getting ahead of myself but looking for some good nostalgia MoPar paint jobs for my gasser. I know one that looks good but I'm not a huge fan. Sorry for the gritty image but was taken on an old phone. This is a buddy dirt track car

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,427 Posts
Moved your post to the bodywork section, so it will get more response in the right area.
Your friend's circle track paint job probably wouldn't be correct for an old gasser. Not sure there were particular make or model paint jobs for the gasser era. Later Super Stock, or A/FX cars really started particular brand style paint jobs, and see the beginnings of those styles then.
The panel paint jobs like Mike did on his Plymouth coupe were popular, as were candy paint jobs with the latest metallic colors of that time.

Some also used geometric or lace patterns inside the panel paint jobs. This is Phil's Henry J with that style.

Lots of two tones also, but not like the typical top one color, and main body another. Most were more broken up to give the paint job more detail. But by far the single color was the most common seen.

·
Registered
655 Posts
If you google custom shop paints, they have flatz, metallic and solid colors, and a lot of other colors that would work out well. Then gasser green on my 51 dodge came from them, you can get base coat and single stage urethane like I used.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts