Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I have just the opposite problem, I leave my white truck out and the Alder trees' rain pollen down and turn it green.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Don't tell me you sold your ride? Or was it latex paint? My heart be still. :).

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No will not sell my project...its what I enjoy doing...I went crazy and bought a new 2016 F-150...and traded in my 1886 ranger with 305,000 miles on it...it is kind of a strip model, but I have never owned a new truck and wanted one so there you go....A little new car buyer remorse.....naaa... I am loving it.....Now i can delete my cookies so pop up ads will quit following my browsing, I shopped for Quite some time to find a regular cab with a short bed....only has a/c, auto, and a 3.5L p/s and p/b... I figure the fewer computers on board the better...after grinding out a price and taking that offer to each dealer to grind out a lower price, I feel like I got it at bottom price...found a dealer that still had 2015 models on the floor and I knew he wanted to unload what ever he could...to get rid of flooring costs and get his factory hold back fees... so we worked a deal and he traded his old stock for the truck I wanted at another dealer...I think it was a crew cab he let go of in trade.......but any way...I be happy... having worked most of my life in Dealeships has payed off knowing how it works

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Congrats Lash, happy for you . I hope you enjoy it. wish you the best.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Reminds me of my Colorado. I bought it new in '08. Regular cab, generic white with only 3 options. The 5 cylinder engine, automatic and a receiver hitch. When the silver paint started to fall off the wheels, I found some factory alloys on Craig's list and dressed it up a little.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys....I saved a long time for it...it looks small in the pics but it is not,,,,have 200 miles on it and have been getting 18 plus mpg thats back hilly roads and town...it might get the 25 mpg that they claim we will see.... every thing is super light being that it is all aluminum body, tail gate can be lifted with one finger with out any assist. the doors are so light they have to be closed with some authority...loving it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts