Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I like to be different don't like to build what is trendy but what would you all think if I built my 77 Cutlass into a gasser? Plus I'm just tired of trying to find a car when I already have one.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
If I can do a later ford Ranger you can sure as hell do a Cutlass

·
Registered
45 Posts
the thing with building your own car you can build it out of what ever you want and if you like it that's all that matters. I wasn't planning on building one out of a 53 but that's what I found sitting in the neighbors yard that was going to be scrapped. I think it looks good, better than the driver

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I kind of dig it. The one thing I think I would have done differently would have been to keep the bumper and cut a hole in the grill for the Moon tank; or mounted it on the top of the bumper.

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
I kind of dig it. The one thing I think I would have done differently would have been to keep the bumper and cut a hole in the grill for the Moon tank; or mounted it on the top of the bumper.
I like that late 70's Malibu also! But I've always thought they were a nice design. I think I'd get or build a custom pan to close in below the grille, and make a mount on it for the Moon tank. It needs something to fill below the grille, and the stock bumpers are too bulky looking. Maybe even an older/lighter bumper from a different vehicle?

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Different is good, building what you want is even better. Just go with your gut feeling. You don't want half a build if you should loose interest down the line, especially if you have second thoughts right in the middle of the build. Started to happen to me. I got so much encouragement from all these great guys on the forum that I pushed through and i'm heading for the home stretch.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Different is good, building what you want is even better. Just go with your gut feeling. You don't want half a build if you should loose interest down the line, especially if you have second thoughts right in the middle of the build. Started to happen to me. I got so much encouragement from all these great guys on the forum that I pushed through and i'm heading for the home stretch.
That's awesome I don't know why I just didn't think about doing this in the first place with the car I already had. I'm hoping to get started soon because the car is already tore down minus a couple things that still need to be removed. So now it's just getting the part to start putting it back together.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
So there you have it. You got your answer.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Cant go to the other site with your car. Year and "tradition" snobs. Build it!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys I just wanted to hear a few more opinions going to start finishing tearing the frontend apart to see which way is going to be my next step.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
I love that vega. I want what's outta the box. Lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts