Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy sent me this thinking I might be interested. I checked on line and there are several brands/type on the market. For $50 I figured I'd give it a shot. Right out of the gate I'm going to try it on a pair of old fenderwell headers. My buddy who owned a radiator shop closed his shop so I don't have access to his sand blaster anymore.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I will be waiting for your review.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
It is a scam...you will never recieve it....if you put it on your credit card cancel it NOW....there is a seller on face book that was selling this same thing with tons of complaints of never recieving it, least expense one is $4,500 that works

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hell! The vids look like a scam! Looks to be a chinna scam.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Well, I got an email with a tracking number and right now it's waiting to clear China postal customs so we shall see.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Yea some got emails and some got phone calls...they do that to allow the credit card charges to clear

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The charge was processed a week ago on the 16th. The tracking shows the movement up through the customs clearance. So as I wrote above Lash, we shall see.

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
You can dispute credit card charges up to 45 days, so if it's not arrived in 40 days I'd begin the process, or you'll lose your money.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I also got an email from paypal today about this purchase reminding me about my buyer protection guarantee of satisfaction and return shipping paid for by seller.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The item has arrived in the US and is in the customs clearing process. Everybody who thought it wouldn't get here was wrong. Now I just hope when I get it they're also wrong about it being a piece of shit!!

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
My fingers crossed for you buddy...but I am sending you a jar of vasoline just in caseo_O

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It was cleared through US customs 9/3/21

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Hope you get it Steve. You just can’t trust all online purchases.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got the notice from the post office that it's out for delivery today. So for now everybody who had doubts about me even getting it were incorrect (whew!!). Now the next question to be answered is "will it actually work" or will it be the piece of shit everyone thinks it will be.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well shit, one didn't come. Instead of the rust remover I got an efin silver Star of David necklace, WTF!!! I went through the Paypal on line claim process and as soon as I filed I was issued an immediate refund for the full amount. That's one of the things I love about Paypal.

Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Document

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
If you rub it real hard with brasso it might. maybe 0000 steel wool too.

Reactions: 1946Austin

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Well shit, one didn't come. Instead of the rust remover I got an efin silver Star of David necklace, WTF!!! I went through the Paypal on line claim process and as soon as I filed I was issued an immediate refund for the full amount. That's one of the things I love about Paypal.

View attachment 107553
Makes me wonder what that whole ordeal is all about with the seller. Were they trolling, are they fishing for identity theft. What the heck. Recently my private Instagram was accessed by someone who tried to change my password. Are they putting together a portfolio of my life that they need to get to my family life photos And followers? I don’t get it. So i deleted everything. Now they can hack all they want.

Reactions: 1946Austin
1 - 19 of 19 Posts