Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
13,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everything he has for sale is at very high prices. He's got some neat stuff, but not as neat as he thinks.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Wow that is a lot of money. I wouldn't be shocked if old gassers get up that high in the future. What really got me interested is this really nice 74 MG. I was thinking about
replacing my interior with this one.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Everything he has for sale is at very high prices. He's got some neat stuff, but not as neat as he thinks.
There is some very interesting things from the past..... his ads are like looking at a history book.

The prices are way out of my budget. I often wonder how people find/own stuff like this??????

Seems like some people have luck when it comes finding cars/parts etc at the right price...... needless to say I am NOT one of them.

·
Administrator
13,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is some very interesting things from the past..... his ads are like looking at a history book.

The prices are way out of my budget. I often wonder how people find/own stuff like this??????

Seems like some people have luck when it comes finding cars/parts etc at the right price...... needless to say I am NOT one of them.
Most the guys I know who get lots of this type of stuff have very little luck. It's usually many years of daily (or even multi times a day) searching everywhere to find that stuff. Eventually the stuff does start migrating your way when others know what you're doing and begin to direct leads your way. When I was avidly collecting 1800's rifles most of the casual acquaintances I had kept telling me I was the luckiest guy they ever knew about finding rare stuff. But they had no idea how much time and effort I spent tracking it down, and how many non productive wild goose chases I made over the years! You usually make your own luck if you really have the desire to collect rare stuff.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I can barely afford to build anything to completion, much less buying a collector item that will sit in a garage and never get driven because of the thought of tearing that expensive piece of history up,, just for the thrill of owning something old.. everything I have is old,, including my self.. and I don't own that the boss does,,,

·
Registered
243 Posts
Someone contact this guys and tell him it's illegal to smoke crack !! I don't think the KS Pittman 33 would bring the kind of money this cuckoo bird is wanting.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Someone contact this guys and tell him it's illegal to smoke crack !! I don't think the KS Pittman 33 would bring the kind of money this cuckoo bird is wanting.
Jason tell em what ya really think don't hold back. Lol
Mario

·
Registered
243 Posts
Don't worry Slik I'm well versed in the vocab in your book. Look at the authors name and you'll probably see me ! On a lighter note the crackhead has lowered the buy it now price to 195,000.00. :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
13,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don't worry Slik I'm well versed in the vocab in your book. Look at the authors name and you'll probably see me ! On a lighter note the crackhead has lowered the buy it now price to 195,000.00. :rolleyes:
Yeah, and still way too much for a car with unknown history. Even the story that goes with it seems a bit far fetched. But if it's true, it's still not the kind of history that relates to huge dollars. It's got all the right stuff, and I'd guess the engine alone might bring 1/4 of what he's asking, but the rest isn't worth the other 3/4.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts