Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had the latest Full City Cruise on Central a couple of weeks ago. The police allow burnouts on the big Central Avenue in front of the Cruise and show area. As long as you do a static burnout and don't try to dig out and do a Fuel Dragster type 1/8th mile burnout. They are OK with it.
My son brought his 6-71 Blown 2006 Chrysler 300 SRT/8 down to the show and did a burnout when he left the show. A local photographer caught him doing the burnout and posted it on a site somewhere, and my son found it. So he has the pics now,BUT!!!
Now the funny part. We live in Maricopa county.
He received a letter from Maricopa County that was a letter from their environmental agency stating that his car was emitting excessive smoke, and that he should take his car in for repair to help maintain the air quality of the Maricopa County area. They state that this letter was not correctional or in any way a summons or penalty but a friendly reminder that is car may require mechanical attention due to excessive smoke generated.
It had to be a traffic camera as his burnout was at an intersection. We had a real laugh at that. Still laughing. I wonder how much money they dropped on all the possible notices sent to others for doing burnouts that day. HA!!. Crazy.

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Sounds like the gov't hard at work... Where's the common sense? Would they really let cars that look more like mosquito trucks stay on the road with just a friendly reminder? yeah... I answered my own question.

:D

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK try this.

Mark

·
Registered
699 Posts
Ha! Now that is funny. I've been pulled over before due to puffs coming from the tail pipes. Luckily I didn't get on it like I wanted to because the cop was in an unmarked car behind me.

That is one impressive burnout!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HA!!! Just noticed the rock outcropping right at the top right of the of video. It looks like Mutley the dog and he's smiling at the burnout. LOL.

Mark L

1 - 10 of 10 Posts