Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the fittings that weld into the collector area of your headers for oil vapor evac from the valve covers? Haven't done it yet, but looks like Mopars like to vent a little more than Ford and GM motors. If you used them, how well did they work?
Thanks.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm kind of curious to the replies you get Mike. I'm probably going to run the same evac system on the big block for my Studebaker. I'd like to keep the air as clean as I can for the go green freaks. Rather blow smoke in the air than mist.

·
Administrator
13,419 Posts
I used a header-engine evac setup on my Camaro when I raced it, but removed it when I returned it to street use. I was told they help make HP, and that was my sole reason for putting it on the 427. I think a good PCV setup and breathers is enough for the street, but the header evac wont hurt anything. I just like the cleaner look on a street car without them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mike this is kinda silly and I know its common sense, but I have ran this on a couple of setups and it works ok. May be a little much for street and lower RPM application but make sure you use valve covers that the grommets on both sides are toward the front, or even on the front of the valve cover. If you leave pretty hard and they are on the rear they will suck oil and smoke through the exhaust. Just a heads up.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I appreciate the info. I haven't decided what to do with that yet. I think I am going to try it without for a bit and see if I need to go the extra step or not.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
I put them on my coupe but I welded them into the second half of the collector or extensions so it wouldn't ruin the pipe in any way after the powder coat. Check my coupe resurrection albums near the end to see how i hooked them up. True dragrace comes off one side and nascar used both left and right. I went the later cause it was all cosmetic for me and I drive on the street mostly. I used the Moroso kit and chrome plumbing 45 degree angles to get the hoses pointed in the right direction away from the body.
Mario

1 - 6 of 6 Posts