Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to see some pictures of what has been some of the oddest cars used as gassers?

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
I'll throw this in for starters. How's this for oddball?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Yup that is odd..........but as they say in American Graffiti....it's Bitch'in

·
Administrator
13,411 Posts
I thought both of my cars were oddball choices when I decided to build them. But it took just a quick search on google to find out there were a huge number of early Falcons done as gassers. The early Austin is still OK, as I've never found another one done as a gasser. Saw a couple done as street rods, but not a gasser.
I personally like seeing something different built as a gasser. More important to me that it's done right, than what car was chosen to do it. Traditional gasser fans wont approve of something different, but build it for yourself, not for the crowd. People told me my Austin would look like a London cab gasser. But I didn't really care, as I could see it's potential.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm going to start seeing what we have here in Las Vegas I have only seen a couple but I have to believe there are more.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know I have a couple pictures of some gassers here in Vegas I'll see if I can find them.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
It Ain't a Gasser but It's Bad Ass and an Odd Ball

How about a blower mounted a top an intercooler with 2 4" carb spacers and then just for good measure twin turbos. The only thing missing is a 4 stage nitrous system.

Attachments

·
Registered
655 Posts
I wish there were some odd or whatever gassers around here. There isn't much interest around here and I can't figure out why.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know of a few here in Sin City but I have only seen 3 personally I'm sure there is more but I have yet to see them.

·
Registered
643 Posts
3rd world? Or, is there a world beyond?

Could this be a 3rd world Gasser???

Attachments

·
Registered
643 Posts
Here is an "Altered" on the way to becoming Gasser?

This guy frequents a local car show with this Nova but I have never crossed paths with him to talk with him about his plans.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I forgot about a shortened '57 chevy gasser I seen last year. I'll have to fine the pictures.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts