Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Brought my MG to our first time at the OBI cars and coffee today. What a real treat to be down by the beach. Place started filling at 6am and by 7:30 it was jammed.
Great time. I had someone looking at the MG who came with an MG and was thinking about buying mine. I threw 19K at him and he was tormenting himself.
But he walked away from it and funny thing, as I was driving out of the parking lot we saw each other and waved good bye. Mighty close. I'll have to work on him a little. LOL
Look at the paint on that cadillac. It was deep candy. Beautiful.

Tire Wheel Sky Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Jeans Car Land vehicle

Tire Cloud Car Wheel Sky

·
Administrator
13,662 Posts
You get many more classics at your cars and coffee cruise than we do! Around here 90% or more of the cars are new Mustang, Challenger, Camaro, or various exotics. I've gone to a couple and my old cars draw either a ton of attention, or looks of disdain by the owners of newer cars. I see them trying to sneak a peek, but quickly turn away like they're afraid they'll get caught looking.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
My thoughts were the same as yours Vall and the main reason I don't attend a whole lot of sar show events. I was going to comment but then didn't. Maybe I'm a gasser/hot rod snob but anybody can lay down a ton of money for a fast factory car and what do you have; the same as a bunch of others but maybe in a different color. Sure, your 700+hp hemi Challenger SRT will beat my 53 but it won't get the attention I do just sitting still! The real question is what you don't have, "skin in the game". It takes time, dedication, smarts, ingenuity, talent, patience and many more qualities to build something nobody else has and that's what sets us apart from the "I bought it and don't know a thing about it" crowd.

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow Steve all I wanted to do is post my cars and coffee. I’m sorry I turned up the Susquehanna hat company. 😂. I’m kidding I’m kidding. I agree with you guys and now we get Teslas too.

·
Administrator
13,662 Posts
I think most of us who build our cars understand and have the same outlook about all the newer factory muscle cars too. No matter how fast they are, or how nice they are, there's literally thousands of identical cars like them on every street in the USA. They'll never be as cool as the old cars that guys build in their home shops and garages.

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Well I was able to shuttle down to the beach this morning. I left at 6:15 am. Good thing was my neighbors son was sitting in his car with the stereo boom box on listening to music while waiting to warm up his car I guess. Or he was waiting for me to leave first so I did. He already woke the neighbors with his radio so i was in like Flynn. Hahahah
took some video, nothing wild cause if we misbehave I don't want to be the reason the Cars and coffee gets shut down. A guy came over to my MG and said to me that all the way on the other side of the lot people were talking about the MG. Glad I had the for sale signs on it. I was the talk of the Cars and Coffee until the Big Block motorcycle stole the show. for good reason. was cool . It’s at the very end of my parking lot video.
I was parked next to my friend Alex who owns Gas Chamber with real patina. It was done up a bit to make it look like real patina but most of it is real.
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Administrator
13,662 Posts
Well I was able to shuttle down to the beach this morning. I left at 6:15 am. Good thing was my neighbors son was sitting in his car with the stereo boom box on listening to music while waiting to warm up his car I guess. Or he was waiting for me to leave first so I did. He already woke the neighbors with his radio so i was in like Flynn. Hahahah
took some video, nothing wild cause if we misbehave I don't want to be the reason the Cars and coffee gets shut down. A guy came over to my MG and said to me that all the way on the other side of the lot people were talking about the MG. Glad I had the for sale signs on it. I was the talk of the Cars and Coffee until the Big Block motorcycle stole the show. for good reason. was cool . It’s at the very end of my parking lot video.
I was parked next to my friend Alex who owns Gas Chamber with real patina. It was done up a bit to make it look like real patina but most of it is real.
View attachment 108382
Your friend's '55 150 is very cool too!

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your friend's '55 150 is very cool too!
Absolutely. He did the gasser tribute so well that people tell him they remember the car at National Speedway. Of which the car never participated even in the badging done

Reactions: 1937Austin

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Made it to another Sunday morning at OBI. Lots of lookers at the MG for sale but no takers yet.

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts