Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
13,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've hit swap meet season and bonus of three in a row this month!
Jan 11th is Mild to Wild in Albany, Or.
Jan 19th is Canby, Or Fairgrounds
Jan 26th is NW Drag Racing's at Clark County Fairgrounds

Yippee!

·
Administrator
13,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Albany was tiny! Not much there to buy that would interest any drag or street rodders. Mostly dirt track guys, and their leftovers. We got some good used heims for almost free, like $1 ea.! Picked up some heavy wall tubing short pieces for next to nothing, just for future projects. Guys don't seem to think about what metal costs, and dump useable pieces for less than scrap metal prices!
Hope next weekend will be better!

·
Administrator
13,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Three swap meets in three consecutive weekends, and all three flops! Especially the first two! Today's was smaller than last year, but still found a few things like a Stack-On top tool box for $20, and 4 nice 8,000 lb. ratchet straps for $4 ea. I can't wait for April and the best swap meet of the year! 2-3 days of perusing tons of good stuff!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Sounds like a great deal on the tool box Vall. If you're anything like me, I'm always on the look-out for "affordable" tool boxes. :)

·
Administrator
13,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like a great deal on the tool box Vall. If you're anything like me, I'm always on the look-out for "affordable" tool boxes. :)
I've got way too many of the small carry type, but needed more of the rollaround and top box type. Still would like to find another good used rollaround. Don't really have the room for one of those single huge rollarounds, nor do I care to have one huge one. Multiples work out better for me.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Hey Vall, Cruz'n Mag lists two swap meets in Portland, one is 3-5 April the PIR Auto Swap and 4-6 April Portlland Swap. Are they the same and just the dates messed up or are there two the same weekend? If I remember you said this was a great meet.

·
Administrator
13,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Vall, Cruz'n Mag lists two swap meets in Portland, one is 3-5 April the PIR Auto Swap and 4-6 April Portlland Swap. Are they the same and just the dates messed up or are there two the same weekend? If I remember you said this was a great meet.
Those are two different swap meets, but almost next door to each other! PIR is at the race track, and the other is at the Expo Center. Shuttle buses running between both all weekend. Best swap meets on the West Coast! It takes a day to go through each, if you hurry! I usually hit PIR on the 3rd, then Expo on the 4th when it opens. If you could only make one it would be PIR, as it's slightly larger, and less new stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts