Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we moved to Norman. I’ve been here about a week. Had the cars sent by transport but the ‘55 is in storage and I’ll pick it up in the spring. The ‘63 is nestled in the barn.

I was here a month or so ago and we took it to a cruise-in. Was fun and met some local guys who dug the car, one just bought a ‘56 that he is do up as a gasser.
Getting settled in and hope to make some connections in the OKC area.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

· Registered
1,143 Posts
well, you and me are now enemies as I am a big Nebraska fan and those old feelings run deep! Just kidding. It has to be a big change eh?

· Administrator
13,953 Posts
I'd have you get together with my younger brother in Slaughterville, Ok, just south of Norman Mike. But he likes old cars, but pretty clueless on building or owning old cars. You guys aren't far apart though, and he's been there for over 30 years now.

· Premium Member
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, you and me are now enemies as I am a big Nebraska fan and those old feelings run deep! Just kidding. It has to be a big change eh?
Ha! At least I don’t have to change colors from the Cougs! Sooners are OK with me though. They gave us the BOZ!

· Premium Member
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd have you get together with my younger brother in Slaughterville, Ok, just south of Norman Mike. But he likes old cars, but pretty clueless on building or owning old cars. You guys aren't far apart though, and he's been there for over 30 years now.
Great. Give him my info. I looked at a couple homes there.

· Premium Member
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congratulations on the move! I couldn’t imagine having to move all my treasures? How long did the packing take?
So long. Had to sell off a ton of stuff and I still loved a lot of stuff. Have a net smaller setup here even though I have a 22x30 barn with a full loft and a 30x40 shop. Will make it work. Probably still have to sell a car or two to really make it work. Not my gassers though!

· Registered
1957-150 Gasser
32 Posts
So long. Had to sell off a ton of stuff and I still loved a lot of stuff. Have a net smaller setup here even though I have a 22x30 barn with a full loft and a 30x40 shop. Will make it work. Probably still have to sell a car or two to really make it work. Not my gassers though!
Well we all make sacrifices, totally understand on the gassers lol ……the wife was asking about my most recent build when I was looking for rims “ just get what you want your going to sell it right ? so you’ll get the money back quickly”
My seven year old daughter heard her and said we ain’t selling my cars.
I told her take it easy on mom she doesn’t understand.

We all find ways to make it work! I’ll be looking forward to seeing more from you once you get settled.

· Registered
7,881 Posts
Congrats on the move Mike. Must have been a big undertaking. Getting rid of stuff is tuff to do. especially when prices for stuff keeps getting higher and higher. Hope you get settled quick. Wish you the best. Nova looks real cool.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts