Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still subscribe to multiple car magazines and look forward to getting them each month. I have stacks and stacks of them . I've was even lucky enough to have two of my cars appear in magazines ( Nova in Fastest Street Car and my Charger in this past January's issue of Car Craft)
I was bummed when I received the Sept 2014 issue of Popular Hot Ridding yesterday and started reading it only to find out that it is the last issue. Apparently the parent publishing company has pulled the plug on the magazine.
I've subscribed to this magazine since the 80's.

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
I used to subscribe until they went all G-Machine. It used to be a great mag and I had it for at least 15 years. Going through that with Car Craft right now... they seem to be trying to do better articles and tech. That is a tough market, kinda like newspapers now, keeping it fresh for subscribers and grocery store readers.

Sad to see an icon drop though.

Mike

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I agree..... Magazines are struggling to survive with all of the info that is available on-line for FREE.

Thankfully HOT ROD MAGAZINE has improved dramatically the past few years..... Having HOT ROD DELUXE as a sister publication was also a good move.

Street Rodder has been a steady magazine over the years. It has been able to hold on to its original content & quality while allowing later model cars to fill their pages in recent years.

I will always enjoy sitting down with a new issue of ANY hot rod type magazine. Been doing it since I was a kid when many of the magazines were the size of a TV guide.

I also had a car featured in a magazine which was a BIG THRILL. Was not expecting it at all. Photo shoot took place at ALL Chrysler in Carlisle. Feature article was in Mopar magazine.

·
Administrator
13,419 Posts
I got an issue of PHR for Christmas last year, and I can usually get through it in about 5 minutes. Didn't see the notice of it being the last issue, but I wouldn't have subscribed to it if it hadn't been a gift. I never enjoy it, as it's all LS and Coyote powered muscle cars, and pretty boring stuff. I don't usually subscribe to any car mags, and if I did it would probably be HotRod Deluxe.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Anyone know if Hotrod Deluxe is still available?
Gassers in that one.
mario

·
Registered
243 Posts
Anyone know if Hotrod Deluxe is still available?
Gassers in that one.
mario
Mario I believe that mag is out the door also. I just subscribed to it because they were leaning in favor of gasser pretty regularly and I saw it on the chopping block.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Ok I was wrong it's rod and custom that's going to get cut. Not hot rod deluxe. Sorry for any cornfusion I've caused.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Hey that's great news. No corn fusion taken. Lol
Mario

1 - 10 of 10 Posts