Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For three years as a member I've received email notifications from every thread I posted on about new posts. Somehow it stopped. I didn't change anything on my account settings. Can I get some help here.
Thanks
Mario

·
Administrator
13,419 Posts
Have you looked at your "Settings" (top right of the page) and checked under "General Settings" there to see if they somehow got reset differently?

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did go thru my settings. Seems that post emails stopped last week.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked my email notifications are set to instant and nothing is being sent.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I recieved 2 private messages and had one post reply and no email sent to me as to activity. Is there a limit to activity here on the forum? Or are we having a problem at the host software end? Doesn't matter if it's a private message or a thread post, lm still not getting emails.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you confirm that the emails are not going to your spam folder and that the forum email is not in your unsafe senders list?

Kevin
Confirmed kevin. I use 3 devices and all three are not getting emails from this site only.
Thanks for looking into this for me. It stopped last week sometime.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
If it starts back up again, please let us know and we'll take a deeper look into the issue for you.

~Sheena
It hasn't been fixed yet. I'm not understanding ? What starts back up again? It stopped working last week.
actually it stopped November 1st.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is there anyone else out there on the forum not getting email notifications? If you are having a problem post on this thread please.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As a test I used a new email for my account and it seems to work now. So at this point you have to think that something is either corrupt with email sending here or my provider is blocking and rejecting the emails which are possibly infected. At this point it works now.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just changed back to my previous email with a spam filter turned off. I didn't know about that filter on my cable account.
Can someone post here for me as a test to see if the filter was blocking my emails? Thanks

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you, I have sent a report in, I will have your email looked at by our techs.

~Marie
I dint get an email on your post. Still not sure it's my cable co or not yet.

·
Administrator
317 Posts
it's likely that we're being blocked by the email provider. This happens every couple of times every year. We just need to ask them nicely to unblock us.

Lee

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
it's likely that we're being blocked by the email provider. This happens every couple of times every year. We just need to ask them nicely to unblock us.

Lee
Ok. supposedly they want to see any message with info on the bounce back to research unblocking the spam filters they have. Can you help Lee?

·
Administrator
317 Posts
Ok. supposedly they want to see any message with info on the bounce back to research unblocking the spam filters they have. Can you help Lee?
I believe our tech team will be contacting the email provider and they will give that information directly to them. In the meantime, you can try adding [email protected] and [email protected] to your safe senders list.

~Sheena

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks to all the administrators who helped solve my email problem. it was taken care of behind the scenes and Im so happy to be in touch with everyone again.
Great Job
mario

1 - 20 of 20 Posts