Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you see the news yesterday; Papa Johns Pizza has come out and blamed the NFL for it's decline in sales and specifically named that no balls Goodell as the cause for his complete lack of guts. Hopefully the boycott continues to work and other sponsors & advertisers are also feeling the effects and will also pull their support. Maybe we'll really luck out and the NFL has to file bankruptcy and all those thug piece of shit players will end up back in the hood where they came from. But then that's just the opinion of this veteran and patriot.

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Beyond boycotting NFL games on TV, I also went to their web site and looked at who sponsors the NFL and sent emails to companies listed telling them I boycott the NFL and any company's products that sponsor the NFL.

The N.F.L.'s other sponsors include:

https://www.nflpa.com/players/sponsors

Most have email contact addresses when I Googled their names. A few didn't, like Marriot, so a call is the only way to contact Marriot. They also have a very "close" partnership with the NFL.
Took awhile to email each company I was able to get email addresses for, but it was worth the effort to me. Hope they're all hurting by us boycotting those on the list at the NFL Players Assn.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're a good man Vall. I'm including a screen shot of the email I sent to Goodell.
Font Rectangle Screenshot Technology Software

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Good one Steve! Probably wont affect Goodell, but maybe if he gets enough emails he might at least get concerned. Goodell is spineless, and doesn't want to rock the boat. Also a hypocrite who is happy to take armed forces money, but at the same time spit on the military.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Steve & Vall, I agree with you guys. Will start writing my own letters and mail to them. IF ANYONE IN THE MILITARY READING THIS. TAKE A KNEE AND HAVE THEM SEND AN NFL PLAYER IN PLACE OF THE MILITARY. WITH GOODELL AS THEIR LEADER.

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Steve & Vall, I agree with you guys. Will start writing my own letters and mail to them. IF ANYONE IN THE MILITARY READING THIS. TAKE A KNEE AND HAVE THEM SEND AN NFL PLAYER IN PLACE OF THE MILITARY. WITH GOODELL AS THEIR LEADER.
NFL players couldn't carry ammo if it wasn't hidden inside a football! Goodell couldn't carry water for any of our military men and women!

·
Registered
922 Posts
I'll stick to our local high school team, the Union Knights. We're going to the state semi-finals this Saturday night. As always, a very good bunch of kids.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Much as I like football I simply can't step down and watch these ove paid crybaby players dishonor our country. I'll stick to the HS games. There has been some pretty impressive pre game displays done here.

Our car club Southern Cruizers says the pledge of allegiance at monthly meetings. About 100 members. We support a couple military events each year and we donate to vet organizations each year. Our annual big show has quite a flag and anthem program at noon to open the show. We get a QUALITY singer or group to sing the anthem. There is no kneeling at our events.

Byron

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Some high school teams have also gotten caught up in the hype here. Last Friday night one high school in a very wealthy neighborhood decided to have all the players kneel during the anthem. Of course afterwards they went back to their mansions and forgot all about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts