Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my frame rails in today, got to finish up some welding. My plan is to bolt my springs on the axle, drop the car down to where its going to set, ride height, and start making brackets for the springs. Going to spot weld everything until I get all the wt on it. The shackles will be on the front, without wt, shouldn't the shackles be angled back at the bottom? Axle should be at 7 degrees angled back at the top. Anything else I need to know or anyone got suggestions on something I'm missing?

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Angle should be towards the direction of shackle travel under compression. If they are not at least straight up static, they will push against the mount as they compress, instead of pivoting as they compress. So if the shackles are at the rear of the spring they need to be straight up, or slightly back angle. If at the front of the spring, straight up, or slightly forward.
Not a great picture, but you can see mine on the Falcon are slightly forward under weight. I set them straight up without the engine, and they came out just where I wanted them under weight.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts