Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Texas
My name is Timothy and I am an addict.
there, I've said it....anyways, I am a custom show quality powdercoater in the huge metropolis of Cut and Shoot, I love doing what I do, I also goof off a lot with making racing motors for old style minibikes.
I am in the middle of a Comet project, I have a 62 comet 2 door that I am going to put a BBC 502 with a muncie 4 speed, and we are putting a ford 9 rear , full cage, straight axle, approx 8" engine set back.
I have been on the HAMB since 05 I think (TurboRoadster).
All of the above being said, I reckon I fit in here and am looking forward to making new friends and seeing others and their projects / builds.
Timothy
www.YourPowderCoating.com

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Hi Timothy, welcome. I am afraid that we are a bad influence for your addiction. We tend to fuel the addiction. Your porject sounds great. Post a build thread so we can see your car. I think you will find everyone on the site helpful and not over judgemental about build styles. We like most anything that makes noise and goes fast, with nose up.
Mike

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Hi I'm a Gasser addict. There, now you are not alone, LOL. Welcome to your new home Timothy. You get room 502. Heh. Glad you could join in our little corner of the world. Tell us more about the comet and the minibikes, that should be a cool past time. Enjoy your stay here and I'm looking forward to more info on the Comet. Mark L

·
Registered
510 Posts
Welcome Timothy, sounds like a cool build. You might wanna check out Vall's 63 futura gasser build, the unibody construction should be about the same as the Comet.
Andy

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Hey Tim, welcome! I heard the name of your city earlier this year and thought it was fake, and here you are. Saw your site and that is some nice powder coating. I've done a bunch but haven't tried the lace, looks cool.

You are in good company with your ride here. We have another member here with a Ford/BBC/stick being built right now. And as always, we do love pics. Start a build thread and fill us in on what you have so far.

Mike

·
Administrator
13,419 Posts
Welcome Tim! Who in their right mind would put a BBC in a compact car? ;) I just set the 454 in my '63 Falcon yesterday!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
All yous crazy gysss. You do dem cross car swapsss. Love it!!!!.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
thanks for the welcome!
parts are coming together, I picked up the muncie 4 speed and bellhousing today. will pick up a bare block and pan for mock up and get busy starting tearing hell out of the car after Lone Star Round-up (next week). The car is a running driving 62 comet with a 170 /6 and 3 speed in the floor :) I gutted the interior and glass already, have racing buckets etc for it, new headliner and door seals, windlas etc already here, straight axle and complete front end kit from Speedway here already, old torque thrusts rims on the rear and weld runners up front. I have a ton of stuff I have gathered in 3 weeks waiting for the day to start.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts