Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this site, and perfect for what I like. Always liked gassers, always liked Willys especially, was putting together a basket 38 willys truck from parts, sold it when I happened into the 35 Willys Panel by fate :) I was blessed by the good Lord when I stumbled upon my panel for a price an average person could afford. Currently since I have gotten the panel, first thing I did was rip the mustang 2 out, and 12 bolt, currently have a tube axel, old rear strange axels, spool and 513 gears, 4 speed, gathering parts for the SBC, 471 setup, ronco mag, mickey Thompson pan, will running the same kind of wheels as the Dogcatcher, my inspiration :)

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Welcome aboard! What a great looking Willys panel, and very rare too! Looking forward to seeing a thread on your build!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Welcome! Nice Panel! Nice list of parts! Can't go wrong with the "Dogcatcher" as inspiration..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks guys for the welcome, I keep thinking I should raise the back of the willys up some more,( more like the Dogcatcher Height ) but it I already have to lift my leg all the way like I'm driving a 4x4 to get in :) What do you all think? Raise it up higher in the back, or leave as is?

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
I guess it depends on what your plan is. If it's building something similar to The Dogcatcher, then I'd leave it as it is. If it's trying to make it a clone of The Dogcatcher, then I'd try to get everything as close to how it looked.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hi I am a new guy, and from Texas Its plain to see you really know what your doing and have room to do it. I just bought my gasser fresh built, no garage to work out of and I have always loved gassers as a kid. I thought I would learn more about it all by doing the improvements I want for it, and making it my own. I really love my little Nova and cant wait to take it to the drags. Only as I understand it, San Antonio Raceway, which was once a nice place to race, is shut down.

I hope to one day build one of my own as you have done so well. A real nice job sir.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome, that panel looks just fine as it is to me.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Found this site, and perfect for what I like. Always liked gassers, always liked Willys especially, was putting together a basket 38 willys truck from parts, sold it when I happened into the 35 Willys Panel by fate :) I was blessed by the good Lord when I stumbled upon my panel for a price an average person could afford. Currently since I have gotten the panel, first thing I did was rip the mustang 2 out, and 12 bolt, currently have a tube axel, old rear strange axels, spool and 513 gears, 4 speed, gathering parts for the SBC, 471 setup, ronco mag, mickey Thompson pan, will running the same kind of wheels as the Dogcatcher, my inspiration :)
I forgot to ask, where is Pinehurst? I'm in San Antonio

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Welcome to the forum. That is one cool ride. Looking forum to seeing your build on the forum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts