Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from the PNW. I am building a 1950 Stude as a gasser for nostalgic drags. It is going to have a 56 Olds 324 take to 346, 10.0 to 1 forged pistons, Isky 505c Roller cam, Joe Hunt Magneto and a Weiand tri power with factory J2 carbs on it. Trans is a M21. and a 8 3/4 mopar rear axle with 4.56 gears. I am going to run model A front suspension with stock rear springs with traction masters and Hurst cheater slicks. IMG_20130120_130545.jpg 0428121551.jpg IMG_20130120_130530.jpg

·
Registered
510 Posts
CGkidd, welcome. There's a few members here out your way. Looks like a good combo, nice power plant. Keep us posted on your build and if you have any questions there's alot of knowledgeable members here to give advice. Andy

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
CGKidd. Those Studes have the wackyest shapes but they make some of the most outstanding looking gassers. Using that Olds powerplant is just brilliant. You'll get lots of looks and I'm willing to bet, not a single bad comment.
It's great having you on our forum and being able to watch your car (dream?) come to realization will be a pleasure. Keep us updated on what you are thinking and how you're going to accomplish it. We all learn so much from each other that it's invaluable. The example that Judd shows is just too cool for words. Have fun and enjoy the board. Mark L

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Welcome to the site. Glad to have another NW gasser in the fold. Gonna be a nice looking gasser with that motor sticking out of the Stude. Keep us posted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts