Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys....im new here and after years and years of wanting a gasser im finally starting my project, 64 Ford Fairlane 500.. I ran across this forum by accident and discovered lots of good build tips and pictures..

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Welcome to our Gasser home. Glad you found us and joined up. lots of knowledge and lots of help. We really have each others backs here and love seeing everyone's dream come true.Like Steve said, start a project thread so we can watch and drool over your car. Well, others may not actually drool but I've been known to drool a little here and there. ANYWHO. Your Fairlane is a perfect candidate for a Gasser so dig in, thread up, and show us your dream.

Mark L

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Mark you say drooling like its a bad thing :) Welcome ok68. Your build should fit right in here. We enjoy all kinds of builds, different styles and ideas. Hope you enjoy the site, put your feet up and stay awhile.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Welcome from deep South Texas, start a project thread and make that dream a reality that purty car is destined to become a gasser I will be watching….

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys... I will post up some pics of the build soon... I've been having a blast hitting swap meets and digging through my buddies garages searching for parts... I've been fortunate to find some cool parts and hearing the stories to come along with the parts is just as cool..... I'm sure I will make some people upset but...... It has a 468 Chevrolet with a Edelbrock TR2 Tunnel Ram, Chrysler/ New Process 4 speed pro shifted by Liberty, Speedway front axle and currently in the process of widening the rear inner fenders so I can fit a decent size rear tire..... stay tuned:D

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
The only thing you left out was a Pontiac Part, LOL!!!! We'll have to get you an Indian head hood ornament, you know, one of those early '50's hood ornaments that lights up??? Huh!!! Yup, that'll do it!!! HA!

Mark

·
Administrator
13,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Putting different brand engines in a gasser is and was a common thing! Everybody knows I sure don't have a problem mixing it up! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts