Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I am new to drag racing. I used to crew on sportsman and mini stock dirt cars. I am getting back into building model cars and started building a 56 Chevy gasser. I figured I could find enough technical info here to build it correctly. I dig the vintage gassers a swell as the new ones. Steve Crook's Blew By You is a favorite although I have never been to a drag race in person. Anyway, I hope to learn a lot about gassers here and get to some events this year. I hope you all don't mind that I don't have much to share right now but I'm here to learn to do it right. Who knows, maybe one day...thanks for listening, Greg

·
Administrator
13,427 Posts
Welcome to the forum Greg! We sure don't mind if you haven't started a car yet! You'll soon be hooked and building one after seeing what the guys are doing!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Welcome aboard, Greg! Great to have you here. Lookin' forward to watching your '56 Gasser transformation. Sit back and enjoy! You'll find yourself jumping right in in no time.

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Welcome aboard. I started with Hot Wheels, then models, then the real thing... I build a model to see different ideas on what to do with the full scale. Show us some pics of your '56.

Mike

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Welcome Greg. We also teach "life lessons"--LOL. But you've come to a good forum for Gassers and cars in general. We'er here to help you with your dream, not someone elses. Ask anything any time. The best part of any forum is idea and dream exchanges. When you're ready, start a project thread so we can live your build along with you. Glad you found us and decided to join.

Mark L

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Enjoy the site Greg. A lot of us worked or still work with models. As a plus it is way less expensive to model a car before taking a sawzall to it. Welcome!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts