Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
I don't know where you're at in IL, but if you ever go to the Meltdown Drags in Byron there will be no doubt that you need to build it as a gasser. Welcome from across the river in Iowa.

·
Registered
643 Posts
It almost has a gasser stance already! My vote is for.............................................................GASSER!

Gee, I am sorta predictable. Welcome!

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Although like everyone here, I'm partial to gassers; I can see that car down in the dirt and done as an old semi custom. A big engine, satin blacked out body, and sitting about 4"-5" off the ground all around. It would look sinister!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Welcome to our happy place. If you are looking here, you might be leaning toward a gasser build. I would vote for that for sure. But I have seen these built like Vall mentioned and they look really good that way also. Decision, decisions. Get her running and then decide whether it gets slammed or raised. Good luck, we will help anyway possible, well maybe not money, but everything else!

·
Registered
643 Posts
She's a natural!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Hey OVRPWRD,

When you say... "I have next to nothing invested in it so far" ,,it begs the story. I don't want to pry, but if you don't mind sharing - it sounds like their might be an interesting story.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
hey Nice ride. I see gasser in your future. lots of air up front already. I see a straight axle up there. LOL
build what your heart desires. we love all kinds of rides here.
welcome
mario

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey OVRPWRD,

When you say... "I have next to nothing invested in it so far" ,,it begs the story. I don't want to pry, but if you don't mind sharing - it sounds like their might be an interesting story.
Lol.... here is the short version.
The car was given to me in trade for detailing services that I have done. The pics are the way I got it.
It sat in a barn for 20 years. Previous owner removed everything down to the frame, blasted and painted the frame and started on the body. Then a tragic accident happened in his family and the car went in a barn and was never touched again.
Guy I got it from bought it for the motor. Catch was, he had to buy the whole car for the motor and had no place to store It. So he got the motor and I got the rest. Everything is inside of the car and I even get his old inline 6 that runs, just needs rebuilt.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Perfect reason to Gasserfy that Plymouth. It'll be great to watch your progress as you build it. We're all here to help you if you need it and you'll not find a better group of people that have your back. We just plain love Gassers. Any type and any form. Glad you were able to find us and join up and in. Enjoy your stay here.

Mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts