Gasser HotRods banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if it is indeed this crappy new platform but Vall, Mario and Lash have you also noticed the what seems to be a definite down turn of posts from other members. If so, what would you guys attribute it to?

·
Administrator
13,013 Posts
Not sure it's a downturn or not? The forum has been pretty quiet for a lot longer than the swap to this new format. Most of the last year has been slow, other than a few of us diehards that keep posting.
I see the same 4-5 people contributing to 90% of the posts here.

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
How about all the new morons joining with other intentions. See my post at the forum support thread. This community is going to be a support for bad intentions communication. We went thru this before with hidden messages posted.

·
Administrator
13,013 Posts
The new system does seem to be ripe for spam or hackers, and it's been busy banning them ever since the change. We got to a point with the old system that I only banned some jackass maybe once a month at most. Now it's not daily, but about every other day. Although it was daily the first few days.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure it's a downturn or not? The forum has been pretty quiet for a lot longer than the swap to this new format. Most of the last year has been slow, other than a few of us diehards that keep posting.
I see the same 4-5 people contributing to 90% of the posts here.
Actually Vall with the amount of limited things people can do now I sort of thought that members would be catching up on tasks on their cars or builds that didn't involve spending money. So I am surprised that there haven't been more posts on the project update thread page.
Hey, I had to go and get 5 gallons of gas for my 53. It ran out when I was warming it up to move out of the driveway so I could pull in the Magnum to do the exhaust replacement. I didn't think that warranted posting on my 53 thread though.......

·
Registered
608 Posts
This past year has been a pain in the S !!!!!!! This old Virus thing has impacted my family and friends big time. Every 3 weeks I am viewing on the computer thru zoom the wake. Have attend funerals at a distance. veterans buried without services due to this virus thing. I will not go to stories inside I always buy on line and pickup at curb. I have a lot of pictures of my car but don't have the time to start posting. I waited in line inside car to get reregister for the moderna vaccine up to 8 hours waiting. take a bucket for the bathroom u will needed it. another 8 hours to get the vaccine the next following day. this is only the 1st round. The old forum would not let me log in or log me out it was a pain in the SS.... this one is a bit more user friendly. I will try to get going with the post on my project soon.

·
Administrator
13,013 Posts
I simply click on the round white circle above right labeled "NEW" each day. It brings up whatever was posted since my previous time here, and I can read or respond. Works great, just like the "What's New" link did on the old format.

The whole covid thing actually helped me get things done around here. I doubt I'd have gotten nearly as much done on my cars or other things had we had all the regular car events, and other events going on. I do miss seeing friends, and socializing a lot! But it can be a distraction (although welcome) and not having those freed up time.

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
The new button isn’t worth crap. I missed Steve’s post and I just posted and it says last post is 6 days ago. Somethings not right here.

·
Administrator
13,013 Posts
Works fine for me Mario. I clicked on it this morning and it showed 4 new responses to various posts.

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
I’m seeing a lot of old threads on whats new. Not sure why

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have not been on in a while and had a heck of a surprise when I did log in the other day. I have been on other forums for different reasons and change is inevitable if you want to move forward. It sucks but the flag has to be raised at some point so that the features are upgraded to todays usability standards. Most people hate change and for good reasons, so it is a hard bullet to chew on... which ever side of the fence anyone of us is on. Being one of the newer guys I won't miss much in the old way of day to day SOP's to get around, but I do feel sorry for the old salts.

I will peek around a bit and update my car at some point. My biggest pet peeves is my own photo handling and then trying to post photos. It is a ME thing but it slows me down.
Mark

·
Administrator
13,013 Posts
A number of forums I'm a member of have gone to this exact same format about the same time. So regardless of them being car forums or otherwise, it seems they're all owned by the same company I'd guess?

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Well I have given this new platform a chance and have come to a collusion it is really poor....two thumbs down...navigation is just ok.... but the separation of some of the forms when refreshing just sucks... every thing with my old battle worn PC is hit or miss as is ...so it just magnifies the problems here, so if you don't see a lot of me here, it is not worth the effort to bother with...not checking out just not checking in as often

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
My iPad works well with the site but the format just sucks. I have that horizontal line flashing at the top of the frame which is annoying. Happening right now as I write this. I hit new up top and never see what is really new. And it’s different every time I hit it.

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
This is what’s new to me today? look at the dates as to when the posts were made.

·
Administrator
13,013 Posts
I deleted the reply about ospho you made as the thread was old, and the reply didn't have much to do with the question or comment in that thread. Sorry.

·
Registered
65 Posts
so because the thread was old the information was useless ? people use the search function to find info and sometimes bring up old threads in doing so .

·
Administrator
13,013 Posts
I didn't say the information was worthless. But your info wasn't related to the topic. I don't recall now what the whole thread was about, but it wasn't about rust neutralizing.
Again, I apologize if I stepped on you toes by deleting the post.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts