Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning to all, Merry Christmas too!
Been watching for a while and figured it was more than about time to enter, I've started a 54 mainline gasser, so far a 53 straight axle, a recent 8.8 rear started, and have gotten a 390 set in place. I admire and have learned alot from all the talent here and sure to continue.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Let me be the first to welcome you to the forum and wish you a Very Merry Christmas. This is a very special group of guys. We all have each others backs and we just plain LOVE Gassers. Traditional, Street Freaks, or Altered's that look like Gassers, we appreciate them all. Not every person always agrees with what another is doing, but we will support and help you get to whatever degree or style of Gasser you have in your visions and we will never dissuade you from it. My personal philosophy is, I may not want it for myself but I can always find something within the build that I can use or like. Welcome and start a build thread in the Project section. Let us see your project and share in the journey. Back in the mid '60's I worked in the mornings before and after school in the gas station across from my home. One winter we had a local kid with a '54 Ford glass top crown Vic, dark forest green, that came in every morning for gas to go to a local college about 20 miles away. No straight axle but set up high. Everyone said it was a built '65 427 FE although most said it was a 390. He would not tell anyone. But the cam made the idle so radical that when he pulled in on the station side of the pumps he actually rattled the windows. You could see them move. One morning it actually rattled a can of oil off a shelf. I know because it almost hit me. That car could conceivably be the reason that I got hot into cars. Prior to that it was all motorcycles. Anywho, great memories of '54 Fords. Enjoy your stay here and I'm glad you decided to join in the fun.

Mark L

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Welcome and it's great to have another Mainline gasser. Looking forward to seeing the build thread on this one. Sounds like a cool car.

Post your location just 'cause it's cool to see where everyone is from. Can't figure out the handle yet either...

Mike

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Welcome aboard! Glad too, to have another NC Gasser aboard. Post us up some pics and tell us more about yourself and the plans you have for your '54's transformation..... :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts