Gasser HotRod Forums banner

New NC guy here

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Str8axle 
#1 ·
Hello and greetings from Statesville NC, I am a gasser fanatic after buying the first one 20 years ago to bracket race and realized how much fun 3 foot wheelstands were..sold it and moved on to my tube dream car and a rear engine dragster and found I was bored to tears with crossover/crosstalk/airshift powerglide blah blah blah...so at the findings of my then 17 year old son we traded for our current Gasser car, a 71 Opel Kadett wagon...with a pump gas 331 SBF and a C4 it has run 6.86/104 locally and gets lots of laps thru the neighborhood

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I just posted a reply to you on another "thread" ..... I see you DID figure out how to post pictures here.

Ironically..... when I first got our Opel Gasser (also traded for it - an El Camino) I not only joined this website/forum but also started searching the Internet for other Opel Station Wagon Gassers. As you know I did not find many!!!! But what I DID FIND was a few pictures of your Opel!!!!

I like what you have done with it. Looking forward to seeing more pictures of it. Especially the front suspension and and "tilt front end".

My Opel (a '69) still has the stock rack & pinion (with disc brakes) so the shocks are still mounted into the front wheels wells.

I have a "Winter-to-do-list" that I know is already too long to get done before next cruising season. Having a "tilt front end" is already on the list!!!!

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

#6 · (Edited)
Yes I was..... when I first got the Opel I did a web search and only found pics of four other Opel wagon gassers. OPEL Gassers' blue wagon was one of them. Looking forward to hearing & seeing MORE about it. It is a little spooky"..... but then it is almost Halloween-Time.... ha!!!!!

#9 · (Edited)
When Mark got his Poncho-buddy last week I said "Wonder if another "Opel-Owner" is on the way?????"

That was less than a week ago!!!!

Soooooo if all goes the same another Studebaker should be on the way here by next Monday!!!! L O L

How about this awesome Stude:

Check it out in action: www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaktqAo84HI

This one is crazy: www.youtube.com/watch?v=budLzGtY4VI

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.