Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We seem to be getting a fair number of new members with spam advertisements in their signature. Even though the rules say no spam. It's getting worse the last year, and I've tried to warn new members to remove the spam signatures, but usually just get ignored, and I have to remove it/them.
So my new and easy way to remove spam signatures is to simply remove the new member. If I miss some spam signatures, please let me know! I'm watching, but some may slip past occasionally. Tired of the warnings, and them ignoring, so they wont get a warning for ignoring the rules on spam anymore.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Sounds great Vall. I think thats a great idea. You are now the gasserhotrods "bouncer". Thanks for cleaning up the rift raft.

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mario! I've tried to give them the benefit of the doubt, but it seems those with these spam signature lines don't contribute anything of benefit to this forum.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I'm glad you're taking a stand against them. I don't know what they're promoting but it's not car related.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I agree with Gary, If it is not car related and not contributing anything to benefit this forum please remove... Great Job Vall, "The Bouncer" sounds good !!!!

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
To the dumps with them there only here to spread there spam....spam spam spam....has any one got any pudding

·
Registered
661 Posts
What are spam signatures, and how do I remove them?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Still haven't my question. What the hell is a spam signature?

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still banning new people on a daily basis for totally off topic posts of spam, or derogatory and inflammatory first posts. For those who sign up here to sell your crap, or post hate; don't bother. It takes about 3 seconds to delete you and your account, so why waste your time? And I enjoy banning the haters and spammers!

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Thanks for your efforts Vall. Makes life easier.

·
Registered
661 Posts
OK. Not selling anything yet. But when I do it will be old car parts. Don't think any spam, eggs or spam will be attached.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
OK. Not selling anything yet. But when I do it will be old car parts. Don't think any spam, eggs or spam will be attached.
Scott,
Vall is talking about new members who just joined that jump into a thread with stupid off topic comments and post a link to direct us to what they are selling , like real estate or any marketing ploy. Usually they are out of the country.
You posting used car parts for sale in the classified adds on the forum is not an issue. Now that you mention spam and eggs Im kinda hungry.....lol

·
Registered
659 Posts
Great Job!!!!! The Bouncer (Vall)……… I agree with Mario. Keep the trash out. Mario I going to an order some huevos rancheros a popular basic dish composed of fried eggs served lightly fried corn tortillas topped with a tomoato chili sauce, refried beans, Mexican-style rice, and slices of avocado or guacamole. Pick up the order on my way to school before my first period class.

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Scott,
Vall is talking about new members who just joined that jump into a thread with stupid off topic comments and post a link to direct us to what they are selling , like real estate or any marketing ploy. Usually they are out of the country.
You posting used car parts for sale in the classified adds on the forum is not an issue. Now that you mention spam and eggs Im kinda hungry.....lol
You nailed it Mario! I encourage members to post all their cars and car parts for sale in the classifieds here! But these jackasses who come here selling all the off topic non car junk, or putting ads for male products in their signature wont get a warning. If they didn't read the rules, I'm not going to read them for them. They'll simply get deleted and their IP address banned.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I saw the latest one a few days ago and looked for a report button to bring it to Vall's attention. We don't seem to have one, do we?

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I saw the latest one a few days ago and looked for a report button to bring it to Vall's attention. We don't seem to have one, do we?
No, usually guys just PM me if they see it before I do! I check each morning to see what might pop up.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts