Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this site while browsing the web. Just hoping to find a group that excepts my slightly odd toy. My 64 Gasser is too new looking for the old "period correct" guys, as the tires are too wide(14.5 inch slicks"), and the paint with the flag too gaudy.(being a veteran, it's very correct for me) But in true Gasser fashion, I built this thing in the garage. The body was painted as is when I acquired it a few years ago.
I do use big block Ford power, which again is a bit odd, as Ford power is just plain expensive. I also have an "A"598 Ford motor for it that makes over 1000 H.P. but this thing is a handful with the existing 650 H.P. motor. So it's been sitting on the stand for years.
I just finished repairing the motor again as I blew a head gasket testing it for a drag strip run. That was just after replacing the differential as I bent the axles and broke the center section testing it for an earlier attempt at a strip run. I think I've broken every "bargain part" I've put in it. Including the lifters, rocker arms, and valve springs, radiator, and electric fans, and distributor. :eek:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Hmmm, slightly odd toy. Big motor, fat rear tires. Breaks parts. Sure sounds like the rest of us here. Welcome to the site. I think you will be surprised by the number of just Falcons on the site. But we got a great group here. Please open a build thread and show us some pictures of your car and your Patriotic paint job. Thanks for your service.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Welcome to our site. HMMMMM a horsepower contender, I better up my game, LOL. Mine is a 5000 hp motor, that is until I actually start it, LOL. Gotta add some pics of that Falcon so we can drool over it. Glad you came to the board and joined. Be glad to hear your experiences and learn from you. Enjoy your stay here.

Mark L

1 - 6 of 6 Posts