Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a old guy from Southern Ohio a transplant from CT. 40 years ago.
Used to race at Dover Drag strip running F/S, not fast but fun.
Had a Corvette in 1962 and then my next one in 1992.
Have had many since then.
Found a 1957 Gasser project 18 months ago and I will finish building it this winter and I'm sure I can get some great info on this forum.
Bruce B

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Welcome..... Haven't had a "Vette" project here yet..... Although I have what was called a "mini Vette" back in the day.... An Opel GT.

Have you ever gone to the Gasser Reunion at Thompson Drag Strip in Ohio ?

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
I absolutely love corvette gassers. They look so cool. Welcome to the forum. Can't wait to see your pics on the project.
Mario

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bruce! Old 50's Corvettes are just too cool as a gasser! Looking forward to seeing a project thread on your Vette!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome..... Haven't had a "Vette" project here yet..... Although I have what was called a "mini Vette" back in the day.... An Opel GT.

Have you ever gone to the Gasser Reunion at Thompson Drag Strip in Ohio ?
Have not been to Thompson , but it's on my list.
I have been to The Hot Rod Reunion at Beech Bend many times.
Hopefully I will have the 57 Gasser there in 2015.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Welcome and this is going to be neat! Lots of cool cars getting built on this site.

·
Registered
157 Posts
That's going to be a cool project! Looking forward to the pics. Here is a little motivation for ya:

It's a '62 I believe, but I think your '57 has better lines. Can't wait to see it.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Oh Yeah, a 1957 VETTE GASSER, can't wait! I agree, great lines on that year for a gasser!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Although I bleed Pontiac green/blue I'd love to build a first gen Vette for a gasser. I really look forward to watching the build so I'm glad you hooked up with us. I would probably build a Pontiac motor for it. Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck!!!

Mark

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Vette gassers are cool. I am looking forward to seeing the build. Please make a build post.
Cheers.
Greg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts